If you have been looking for a new sport for yourself or your child, our Youth and Teen and Adult intro classes will be the best way to try fencing. What can be more exciting than learning to use a sword! Meeting once a week, students will be introduced to the basic of footwork and blade skills to prepare them for fencing an opponent. At the end of the session, students have the opportunity to apply their skills against their classmates in a tournament.
- Introductory classes are based on an 7 or 8-week session.
- Tuition is a one time fee that includes the 7 or 8-classes, 1 Saturday tournament, and all required fencing gear.
- Please note that the “Class Ends” date for each session is a Saturday, when the tournament is held.
- Discounts are offered for enrolling multiple family members into our programs.
- Students need to wear athletic pants and clean athletic shoes to class. No sandals, flip flops or jeans. Long hair needs to be tied back.
- Apex Fencing Academy is a USA Fencing Member Club. All participants must sign up for a non-competitive, $10, USA Fencing membership.
Introduction to Fencing – Youth (ages 7-10)
Our youngest fencers will be introduced to the basics of fencing in a safe and fun environment. Class time includes games and skills that will help develop fine motor skills, reflexes, eye-hand coordination, and focus, all of which are crucial to fencing. These classes may be repeated before advancing to our Youth Recreational Program.
Introduction to Fencing – (ages 10 and up)
If you are new to the sport or need a refresher of the basic skills, this class is for you. Fencers will learn basic footwork, blade skills, tactical skills and rules required to start bouting. From our Introductory program students can advance to our Recreational and Pre-Competitive programs.