If you have been looking for a new sport for yourself or your child, our Youth and Teen and Adult intro classes will be the best way to try fencing. What can be more exciting than learning to use a sword! Meeting once a week, students will be introduced to the basic of footwork and blade skills to prepare them for fencing an opponent.
- Introductory classes are based on an 7 or 8-week session.
- Tuition is a one time fee that includes the 7 or 8-classes and all required fencing gear.
- The Level 1 Classes are for those who are new to the sport. This class may be repeated several time.
- Upon successful completion of Level 1, fencers progress to the Level 2 Intro classes.
- Discounts are offered for enrolling multiple family members or for enrolling in multiple classes.
- Students need to wear athletic pants and clean athletic shoes to class. No sandals, flip flops or jeans. Long hair needs to be tied back.
- Apex Fencing Academy is a USA Fencing Member Club. All participants must sign up for a non-competitive, $10, USA Fencing membership.
If yo have previous fencing experience, please e-mail us to find out which class is the right one for you. Upon successful completion of our Introductory program students may advance to our Recreational programs with Instructor’s approval.
Youth (ages 7-10)
Our youngest fencers will be introduced to the basics of fencing in a safe and fun environment. Class time includes games and skills that will help develop fine motor skills, reflexes, eye-hand coordination, and focus, all of which are crucial to fencing.
Ages 10 and up
If you are new to the sport or need a refresher of the basic skills, this class is for you. Fencers will learn basic footwork, blade skills, tactical skills and rules required to start bouting.