The Recreational Fencing Program is open to fencers who have successfully completed the Introductory Programs. Fencers will progress through intermediate to advanced skills at their own pace without the time commitment of a competitive athlete. This program is divided into several categories, so make sure to review all of them to see which one may be the best fit for you: Youth Recreational, Recreational, Advanced Recreational. Fencers in the Recreational program are welcome to compete in our monthly tournament. Many of our recreational fencers remain in this program, enjoying the sport at their leisure, while others advance to our Pre-Competitive program or are invited to join our Competitive Team.
- Recreational Program is a year round program.
- Enrollment is open, you can join at any point, as space allows.
- Tuition is charged monthly.
- A 10% Discounts is offered for enrolling multiple family members into our programs.
- A 15% Discount is applied to the total tuition when a student is enrolled in multiple classes.
- Students need to wear athletic pants and clean athletic shoes to class. No sandals, flip flops or jeans. Long hair needs to be tied back.
- All required fencing gear is included in the monthly tuition.
- Apex Fencing Academy is a USA Fencing Member Club. All participants in the Recreation Programs must sign up for a non-competitive, $15, USA Fencing membership. These memberships expire every year on July 31st, so make sure yours is up to date!
Youth Recreational Fencing – ages 7-12
The Youth Recreational Fencing has two levels. The Youth Recreational Fencing classes are for the fencers who have successfully completed the Introduction to Fencing class. The Advanced Youth Recreational program is for the more experienced fencers. Registration for this class required Coach’s approval.
Recreational – ages 10 and up
The Recreational Fencing class is for the fencer who has completed the Introduction to Fencing class.
Advanced Recreational Fencing – 11 and up
The Advanced Recreational program is for the more experienced fencers. Registration for this class required Coach’s approval.