The Recreational Fencing Program is open to fencers who have successfully completed the Introductory Programs. Fencers will progress through intermediate to advanced skills at their own pace without the time commitment of a competitive athlete. This program is divided into several categories, so make sure to review all of them to see which one may be the best fit for you: Youth Recreational, Teen/Adult Recreational, Adult Recreational, and Home School fencing. Fencers in the Rec. programs are welcome to compete in our monthly tournament. Many of our recreational fencers remain in this program, enjoying the sport at their leisure, while others advance to our Pre-Competitive program or are invited to join our Competitive Team.
- Recreational Program is a 10 month program (Sept-June)
- Practice times are 90 min long.
- Enrollment is open, you can join at any point, as space allows.
- Tuition is charged monthly.
- A 10% Discounts is offered for enrolling multiple family members into our programs.
- A 15% Discount is applied to the total tuition when a student is enrolled in multiple classes.
- Students need to wear athletic pants and clean athletic shoes to class. No sandals, flip flops or jeans. Long hair needs to be tied back.
- All required fencing gear is included in the monthly tuition.
- Apex Fencing Academy is a USA Fencing Member Club. All participants in the Recreation Programs must sign up for a non-competitive, $10, USA Fencing membership. These memberships expire every year on July 31st, so make sure yours is up to date!
Youth and Teen/Adult Fencing
Adult Recreational Fencing
The Adult Recreational program is for those adults who have previous fencing experience or have taken the introductory classes. Fencers will learn/review the basic skills before they progress through intermediate to advanced skills at their own pace. Please register for the Wednesday 7:30 pm class option above.
Home School Fencing
The Home School program is scheduled for early afternoon so that fencers who are home schooled may attend practices at a time convenient for their families. New fencers are welcome to this program.